Custom Kitchen Countertops for Homeowners in Baltimore, MD & Nearby Communities
If you’re considering custom countertops for a kitchen remodel at your home in Baltimore, MD, you’re in the right place! The experienced professionals at AES Builder & Home Improvements —an award-winning, full-scale home remodeler serving Maryland residents since 1989—can expertly guide you through the entire process from start to finish.
Types of Countertops
In the many years since our founding, we’ve seen the market for custom kitchen countertops explode, and the sheer volume of information out there can be astounding to a homeowner who doesn’t do this every day. But at AES, we do! We’ll use our extensive experience and industry know-how to help you choose the best kitchen counter design for your home remodeling project.
First, you’ll want to consider the advantages and disadvantages of the various countertop materials, such as:
- Laminate – Available in numerous colors and patterns, laminate countertops can be a very affordable option for a kitchen remodel. However, it’s important to keep in mind that laminate is composed of plastic bonded to particleboard, which means it is scratch- and burn-resistant, but not scratch- and burn-proof.
- Solid surface – Constructed of a manmade composite of mineral dust mixed with pigments and plastic resins, solid-surface countertops are invisibly seamed, non-porous, stain-resistant, and exceedingly strong.
- Engineered quartz – Highly durable and less expensive than naturally mined quartz, engineered quartz is made of natural stone fragments and resins, which are compressed into a solid slab through a chemical process performed in a lab.
- All-natural stone – Granite, marble, and soapstone countertops are incredibly beautiful, 100% heat resistant, and can be cut into virtually any shape. The downside to natural stone is that it is relatively soft and can mark up more easily than other countertop materials.
- Tile and concrete – Offering many of the same benefits as stone in terms of durability, heat resistance, and beauty, these manmade kitchen countertop options are highly sought-after by many homeowners.
We’re Here to Help
Choosing a counter design for your kitchen remodel project is a complex process. And, you’ll want to be sure that your custom countertops are created and installed properly. Rest easy and entrust the job to AES Builder & Home Improvements—we’re the kitchen remodeling contractor of choice in Baltimore, MD. Contact us today at 410-574-4400 to learn more. We are proud to serve Baltimore, Harford, Anne Arundel, Carroll, and Howard counties.